NaNoWriMo 2019: Research


I love research! Love it! Is that weird? I hope not. I really enjoy learning new things, and writing has given me the perfect opportunity to indulge in that. 

What does research look like to you? How in-depth do you go?

This year I have quite a bit to do. Today at the library I spent two hours researching only one topic, and I have so much more to do. I'll probably not get it all done before I start writing, but that's okay.

I might find something that I need more information on while I'm writing, and that's okay as well. As much as I love research, while I'm writing isn't when I indulge in it, it's too distracting for me. Perhaps you are able to take a breather and follow the research bunny trails, and that's awesome!

Now, what I do when I run into something like this is leave myself a note, right in the text! I'll simply be going along and then I'll add some brackets, inside which I note down what I need to learn more about, then continue on my merry way. When it's time to edit, then I go and do that research!

How about you? Do you love research? Hate it? What do you do when you run into something while you're writing?


NaNoWriMo 2019 Blog Series





  1. My First Year as an ML!
  2. This Year's Idea
  3. Getting to Know Your Characters
  4. Outlining 
  5. Research
  6. Kick-off/Meet-ups

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words War: It's Release Day!

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing