NaNoWriMo 2019: My First Year as an ML!

No photo description available.


Where has this year gone?! Is it seriously October already? Which means... NaNo is next month 😱. I swear it just snuck right up and goosed me! (Yeah, it can get a bit fresh and sassy, but I can't help but love it)

But that's not it. Nope. There's more, folks. I applied to be an ML this year, for the first time ever! I'm also going it solo.

I'm doing a mad dash to get a round of edits done on the third Beasts Among Us book, and also to finish the rough draft the fourth, and final, book in the series. Will I make it? Probably not. I will most likely be writing and editing my way through November.

I still need to contact my local library to see if they will have a place for meet-ups. I'm kinda wondering if I'll be writing there alone. I haven't seen any action on nanowrimo.org yet, as far as writers in my region go. Of course, there's a shiny new website, so it could be that people are trying to find their way around!

This will be my ninth NaNo, my first occurring in '08. So far, I've published two of those novels. 

So for the rest of this month, I'm gonna do a fun little series on NaNoWriMo prep, so you can follow along with me!

Oh goodness! I haven't even explained what NaNoWriMo is! Alrighty, NaNo, or National Novel Writing Month, is a 30-day event in which writers around the world attempt to write a 50,000-word novel. 

It started back in the 90's as a silly challenge among friends, but eventually word spread and it's now a non-profit organization. They even have a young writers program for those under 18, and 2 summer camps where you can set your own goals.

It's the kick in the pants a lot of writers need to get into a habit of writing.

So are you going to attempt NaNo this year? Will it be your first time? Need a cheerleader? I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words War: It's Release Day!

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing

📚REVIEW📚 Between Dawn and Dusk & The Fae King's Curse