📚REVIEW📚 Between Dawn and Dusk & The Fae King's Curse


Okay, before we dive into this review, let me just tell you, I was already a fan of Jamie Schlosser's new adult contemporary romances. They're sweet and spicy and I want to adopt all the characters, cook them supper, and let them know they're all loved. My sentiment is a bit different towards her fantasy romance is a bit different and I love it! I don't want to adopt them, but hanging out with them on the page has been absolutely amazing! So without further ado, here are my reviews for both Between Dusk and dawn: A Prequel and The Fae King's Curse. 

Oh, wait! No, first I need to comment on these covers! I mean, just look at them. Between Dawn and Dusk is spectacular and I need it in my paperback collection ASAP. And then you get the crown again on The Fae King! The colors and everything tie together perfectly. I love them so hard!!! 

Between Dawn and Dusk: A Prequel by [Jamie Schlosser]Between Dawn and Dusk: A Prequel by Jamie Schlosser
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! *deep breath* Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I need The Fae King’s Curse right now!

Okay, got that out of my system.

I LOVED Between Dawn and Dusk! I’ve been a fan of Ms. Schlosser’s books for some time now, so when I heard she was writing some fantasy romance books, I was ecstatic! Fantasy was my first love and romance is my second, so to have one of my favorite romance authors combine the two is epic.

Zella is a strong female lead, bound by her status and nationality. I loved seeing her come into her own throughout the narrative.

The story feels a bit like an old school sword and sorcery type fantasy but as you dig deeper into it you get a bit of portal fantasy with a glimpse of our world in there, which makes me so excited to see what the next book brings!

Then you get Keryth, King of the Night Realm, aka, the male lead which brings you fated mates. He is definitely a Jamie Schlosser man, confident with a heart of gold.

But yeah, I need The Fae King’s Curse in my greedy little hands ASAP! 
-Originally reviewed on April 3, 2020
Now Available on Amazon & KU





The Fae King's Curse by Jamie Schlosser
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Um, yes!

Like all of Ms. Schlosser’s books, I devoured The Fae King’s Curse. But this one is different than the others.

Yes, you have the male lead that has a heart of gold and a heroine that’s strong and kind (that’s really surface level, but you get the point) but then you add in magic realms, the fae royalty, curses, good and evil witches, sibling rivalry, fated-mates, and so much more, and you get one hell of a page-turner!

My first literary is fantasy. I love exploring new worlds, possibilities, and new rules. I’m a huge fan of ‘what if?’ and all that follows.

My second love is romance. The thrill of the characters falling in love, feeling their heartbreak, and happiness. Romance can be both the most realistic and the most fantastic genre there is.

This fantasy romance is a match made in heaven, my ultimate literary couple.

If you love fairies but want a tougher & grittier version, then King Kirian is your man. And let’s not forget Quinn, who is strong, resilient, and loving as the ultimate (human) female lead. Yes, the fae are beautiful, but our heroine is unique. The outcast and the dreamers will find a bit of themselves in her.

And of course, there’s a whole slew of supporting characters, but I won’t get into them, because, frankly, I can’t without getting spoiler-y!

If your a romance reader, but want to try something a little outside the normal Paranormal Romance tropes, then this one for you.

If you are a high fantasy fan that wants a little more love in their life, then this book is for you too!

If you just plain love a book with an exciting plot, lovable/relatable characters, or just need to get out of a funk, this is definitely for you!

I can’t wait until the next book in the series lands in my hands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words War: It's Release Day!

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing