📚REVIEW📚 Awakened

Awakened (The Guardhian Series Book 1) by [Fenner, Krys]Awakened by Krys Fenner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A quick YA fantasy!

First off, I think all cats are magical, not just catalynx like Byglesworth! I think he was my favorite character of all, especially in how he interacted with those around him.

Naimh, the main character is 13 years old, & way in over her head. He father had been keeping a secret from her until she started showing signs of her magical talents. I felt so bad for this poor kid, having to deal with issues no child should with almost no information at her disposal.

I have to admit, I was angry with her father through most of the book. He kept so much from her, he thinks for her safety, but I think she should have been preparing for her roll in life before hand.

My only qualm with the book was the dialect. I think I would have appreciated it more, had I been reading it allowed, instead of in my head, so I could wrap my mouth around the cadence and accent. On the page, it was hard to get into the flow. There was a handy translation guide at the beginning, however!

I’m excited to dive into book 2, & into the meat of the story!

$0.99 on Amazon

View all my goodreads reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words War: It's Release Day!

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing

📚REVIEW📚 Between Dawn and Dusk & The Fae King's Curse