Souls Asunder by Miranda Brock: Book Review

Souls Asunder (The Keeper's Way, #2)Souls Asunder by Miranda Brock
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fantastic follow-up!

Souls Asunder pick up right where Souls Discovered leaves off.

It was great to see Autumn develop deeper relationships with her Searchers. There are so many characters to dig into! To see them all out in the world, teaming up with ‘normal’ people, was a nice change from book one. The fact that Autumn and her Searchers have a personal stake in things helps ramp up the tension.

I was a little leery of Autumn’s relationship with Ronan at first but was happy/sad with how things turned out (I may have shed a few tears about it.

Book 2 was definitely more emotionally charged than the last, and I think that’s why I was more drawn to it (That, and becoming used to the 3rd person omniscient as the narrator). This felt more like the meat of the story. I think the series is more like a narrative that’s broken up into 3 parts, working best as a cohesive whole. I’m glad to be reading it now that the series is complete so I can read them together! I feel this is the best for this series ;) .

I’ve already leapt into book 3!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing

Words War: It's Release Day!