Remodeling

I've discovered that the first draft of a novel is very much like building a new house. I had an outline, to guide me through. I'm not too sure there was a blueprint for the construction of my house, however. A remodel was definitely in order. My husband has been busy knocking down walls, putting them back up, mudding, taping, and painting.

Disorder reigns. There are screws next to the toothbrushes. We have yet to get railings for the stairs. The stairs, themselves, are unfinished. The insulation in the third floor is exposed. Our bedroom is currently in the living room, instead of the daylight basement, where we want it.

My second draft feels quite the same. There are pieces of chapter fifteen, in chapter two. After chapter three, comes chapter eight.

Someday, we'll get all the trim up around the windows and doors. The furnishings will come out of storage. I will have a bedroom with a door. I can't wait!

Someday, my manuscript will become a cohesive whole. Everything is already there, I just have to move some walls. I mean, shuffle some scenes.

I have a dream, a vision, of both a finished house, and a finished novel. I wonder which will come first?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words War: It's Release Day!

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing

📚REVIEW📚 Between Dawn and Dusk & The Fae King's Curse