📚REVIEW📚 Ypsilon and the Plague Doctor

Ypsilon and The Plague Doctor (Hall of Doors Book 4) by [Chopchinski, Zachary]Ypsilon and The Plague Doctor by Zachary Paul Chopchinski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yahoo! Another amazing Hall of Doors book!

Ypsilon and The Plague Doctor is an action-packed steampunk zombie science-fantasy. (Yeah, you read that right!) I can guarantee you've never read anything like this before.

I don't know what goes on in Mr. Chopchinski's head, but it seems to be a strange and terrifying place. The monsters he has created for the world machine remind me a bit of Night Watch/Day Watch in that it's just a different kind of horror that you don't typically see in an American written novel (Night Watch is, I believe, written by a native Russian).

It's fun to follow characters that I now know pretty well through different landscapes and genres. I feel like the preceding book in the series, Arija and the Burning City raised the bar on the series and this one meets it head-on, taking you into a place of comfort (the world machine) and turning everything inside out and sideways.

Arija and Adal manage to stick together this time, but that's the only real sense of comfort you'll get. This is a twisty turny thrill ride and I can't wait for the next one!

Preorder now on Amazon!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words War: It's Release Day!

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing

📚REVIEW📚 Between Dawn and Dusk & The Fae King's Curse