A Turn of Pandemonium by Miranda Brock - Review

A Turn of Pandemonium (Cirque du Shadow Book 1) by [Brock, Miranda]A Turn of Pandemonium by Miranda Brock
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was incredible! I swear, Ms. Brock gets better and better with every book she writes!

She took some twisted and terrifying creatures and turned them in a type of family.

Peyton is an awesome female character. Does she kick ass? Hecks yeah! But not in the stereotypical man-in-a-woman’s body a lot of urban fantasy uses but real way. (If she were to go to Hogwarts, she’s be a hat-stall between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. She is intensely brave, but she uses wit rather than brawn to solve her problems (that’s not to say she doesn’t make mistakes, because she certainly does, as all well rounded characters should!) ‘If there’s a will, there’s a way’ should be her motto.

Ari, her foil/love interest is as complex a character as you can get. He’s just a fella fighting to survive in a world that has never shown him an ounce of love or compassion. Not only that, but his own beastly nature(s) makes him keep everyone at a distance as well. But come on, if you don’t close the cover of this book wanting to hug a griffin, then perhaps you need to work on your own capacity for compassion!

The side characters were quite interesting to get to know, & I hope to dig deeper into their backgrounds in future books. Also, I’d love some more chapters from Ari’s perspective in the future! I loved him just as much as I loved Peyton and I want to see more of his inner workings.

Side note: The ebook version is still on preorder but I just couldn’t wait any longer and went ahead and one clicked the paperback. No regrets, and another pretty book for my shelves! Because, yeah, you can judge this book by its beautiful cover.

Available for preorder on Kindle for $0.99

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words War: It's Release Day!

Why I'm Networking, Before Publishing

📚REVIEW📚 Between Dawn and Dusk & The Fae King's Curse